Thursday, October 19, 2006

13 Things About Me A~Z Part 2

N ~ Z

N What’s the story of your NAME? were you named after anyone? Do you go by a nickname? Any aliases?

I wrote a Thursday Thirteen about my name a couple months ago. You can find it here. My parents were thinking of naming me Carol, I think, but my Dad was called overseas before I was born. After I was born my mother received a telegram from Dad that said, "Name the young lady Cheya." Mom had to spell it to the records people. She didn't even know how to pronounce it. Dad later told me it meant someone who was dear or special to you. Needless to say, I like it.

O OBSERVANT - What’s around you right now? What do you see?

Do I really have to say?! There's quite a bit of clutter - we are talking about my computer desk! Let's just leave it at that.

P Who are the special PEOPLE in your life?

My family, both immediate and extended. My youth-in-custody students at school.

Q Any Little QUIRKs About Yourself:

My husband could list these better than I can. He says that's one of the things he loves about me. One that comes to mind - I like to spread the peanut butter and jam out to the edges of a sandwich. If having a hamburger or hot dog, I can't stand to have the mustard directly on the bun, it has to go on top of the ketchup. When I just pop up some popcorn to eat while reading, I hate to be interrupted. That's enough for now. I don't want to scare anyone.

R What do you like to do for RECREATION?

I love to Sunday drives around the valley. I enjoy blogging, reading, playing Killer Bunnies with my family (actually just about any game, but Killer Bunnies is the most recent), drawing house plans, scrapbooking, quilting, cross-stitching. Haven't cross-stitched in a couple of years and it's been months since I've scrapped. I love to lay in the hammock for a brief period everyday, but I think that's over until next spring. Mostly I like to read.

S Do You SING in the Shower? In the car? For your friends? Shower?

I never sing in the shower because I'm always courteous to those who might hear me. I love to sing in the car when I'm alone. My friends are still my friends because I DON'T sing in front of them. My daughter and some of her friends have beautiful voices and I love listening to her. Also, love listening to my husband. He tends to drive under the speed limit, but if I can get him singing hymns, he pushes harder on the gas, especially How Great Thou Art. Double bonus for me - listening to him sing and going faster!

T What’s at the Top of your TO DO list?:

I've been telling myself often lately that I need to start exercising, but I haven't actually written it on a list, so I haven't started yet. Do I need a to do list if I have a -to-be-read list? (My husband may think so)

U Any UNUSUAL Experiences:

A few spiritually related things that a bit too sacred to talk about over the internet. Nothing else I can think of .

V VEGAS,Vienna,Venice,Vladivostok… How far have you traveled? What’s your favorite City?

I've been from Tijuana, Mexico to Tofino, Vancouver Is., Canada (north to south) and Forks, Washington to somewhere in Maine (east to west). Also east to west from San Diego, California to the Outer Islands, North Carolina. Love to travel and I love to drive throughout the states.

W WINTER, Spring, Summer, Fall… What’s your favorite season?

I'm still torn on that one. I love both Spring and Fall. Spring because of the new life. Love to walk around the yard and see which bulbs are poking their little green arms up out of the ground, which trees are budding, etc. I love the anticipation of green and warmth. Fall is delightful because it's cooling off again and oh, the beautiful colors. The harvest is great, the abundance of food corn, squash, tomatoes, etc. (I do like July for the raspberries)

After living in Southern California for several years where they didn't have distinct seasons, I decided I would rather put up with summer and winter so I could have Spring and Fall. Each brings something delightful with it. I don't think I could live someplace that was mild and nice all year long. Give me the variety, please.

X EXes - Things You Don’t Do Anymore (but did, once (would you, again?))

I was going to say take hikes, but I never did that much anyway. Can't think of anything else.

Y Any secret/deep YEARNINGS?

There's always chocolate, but I guess that's not a secret to anyone.

Z ZERO to ZENITH - Where are you in your life? Still growing? On an upward (or downward) curve? Just skating along?

I'm skiing down a downward slope! Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I do know I'm not going upward, so I guess I'm just skating along. At my age that means down, though. Tomorrow I'm going to pull myself up by the nap of my neck, tho!

4 comments:

Framed said...

I just took an objective look at my computer desk and clutter would be a gentle way to describe it. So no more objective looks.

BTW, have I ever told you that your mustard fetish is weird. I've tried it both ways and it tastes the same.

Booklogged said...

Framed, I actually cleaned my computer desk off today. I did nothing to the rest of the family room though, so it hardly shows up.

I can tell the difference in where the mustard is put. I can't believe your taste is not that discerning! :o

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Skiing down?
But the books, Booklogged...
All those lovely books pull you up.

love

Booklogged said...

Thank-you for reminding me of that one good thing,Susan. How foolish of me - there are really many things that are good with my life. Sometimes I just become short sighted. Appreciate the nudge.