Thursday, August 03, 2006
Week #6 Thursday Thirteen
1 1/2 Cups sliced zuchinni squash
1-2 carrots, grated
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic
4 oz sliced mushrooms
extra virgin olive oil
salad dressiong, such as Sweet Vadalia Onion, Asiago and Peppercorn, etc.
sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
provolone cheese, sliced
Asiago or ciabata bread, sliced
1. Steam the squash and carrots in a little water and olive oil, stir in 2 tbsp pesto after a few minutes of cooking, continue cooking until tender.
2. Meanwhile, sautee the onion, green pepper and whole garlic cloves in olive oil (or butter). When the onion is transparent and tender, smash the garlic cloves with fork tines and stir in well.
3. Sautee mushrooms (I prefer butter for this).
To assemble sandwiches: (you can prepare these sandwich-style or open-faced)
1. Spread the bread with a little pesto and salad dressing.
2. Layer 1 slice provolone and 1 slice cheddar cheese on bread.
3. Top with the cooked vegetables. If desired, add sliced tomato (my daughter liked it with the tomato).
This hot sandwich is to die for!
Posted by Booklogged