Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hooray for Spring!

It's the first day of Spring - the Vernal Equinox - the day when the sun rises due East and sets due West. I love Spring! It's finally warm enough to sit on the back porch and read and feel the warmth of the sun on my bare feet. Sometimes for long spells I'll look up from my reading and look at all the plump buds on the trees and bushes - some promising blossoms and others green leaves. There are more varieties of birds singing their songs along with the quieter insects. Another delightful sound is the laughter and chatter of my grand kids, who are outside playing in the dirt or riding their little bikes.

Spring always brings a feeling of hope and renewal. My energy levels increase (be it ever so slightly). I've even been exercising a smidgen the last 2 weeks. I feel like cleaning house, cooking meals and writing in my journal. I want to paint inside and out, rearrange furniture and knickknacks. Unfortunately, it will take more than spring to get me in the mood to wash windows!

To those of us in the northern hemisphere - here's to a rejuvenating and relaxing spring, to hope and promises fulfilled, and to basking in the beauties that surround us. Happy Spring!

6 comments:

julie said...

As always, I love your post colors and patterns. Someday you'll really have to show me how to do it.

I love your posts, you have such a poetic way of writing. Yeah! Spring is here!

Alyson said...

Happy Spring to you too! Today was actually overcast and was threatening rain, but it was still that perfect temperature where you can go out with or without a jacket on. You do have a wonderful way of capturing the feeling.

Anonymous said...

:-) happy spring! glad my photo somehow marked the begining of spring :-)

Framed said...

It has been almost too hot here. I've enjoyed it but don't want summer to sizzle. But I did excited to see little tulip leaves pushing up. It reminds me that once again I forgot to transplant the bulbs so they would grow better. Ooops.

Booklogged said...

Julie, I'd love to show you - it's really quite easy. Thanks for the nice compliments.

Alyson, the internet said the first day of spring was the 20th, my calendar said it was the 21st. I thought it should be the 21st. It's overcast here, too, but hardly any rain.

Andreiard, it is a beautiful photo and just the perfect thing for my post. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it. I'm glad you commented.

Framed, I am with you all the way - I hope this beautiful spring weather does not protend a hot, sizzly summer. I like temps between 50 and 75 degrees.

hellomelissa said...

i thank you for a delightful ode to my favorite season. i couldn't have stated it better!