Tuesday, February 20, 2007

President's Day Weekend

Aren't holidays great. Even if you don't do anything special they provide a day off work. This last President's Day weekend was special, though. My daughter, Alyson, came home for a visit. My other 3 daughters live in the same town as my husband and I, so we were able to meet often and visit. Of course we played a couple of rounds of Killer Bunny.

Saturday evening Kristi and her boyfriend, Ron, made us some delicious waffles with homemade, chunky blackberry topping. I hope that becomes a tradition. We played some more games in the evening. It made me think of all the times we have gathered around my mother's table to visit and play games.

Sunday my dear husband made his delicious roast beef, mash potatoes & gravy dinner. He makes the best roast beef, the best mash potatoes and the best gravy ever! Hands down! Jenny, who just lives through the back gate, brought baked rolls right from the oven. Oh, yum!

Before dinner Eric and Annie came by for a visit. It's so good to have them in Vernal after their time in the Navy. Eric is looking for a job, but Annie is not so happy with our cold, little corner of the world. Who can blame her after living in Hawaii for the past 3 years?!

Grandma, Kevin, Shaneen and Cassie joined us for desert. Alyson made her decadent baked cheesecake. Eric and Annie came back after their dinner appointment elsewhere. We enjoyed good visits and a couple more games. Some stayed up to play a rousing game of Nerts that Shaneen won. Even at her age she could shut down the 30 and below crowd! Cheers!

Monday was a quiet, leisurely day around the house. Today is a day to reflect on how much I love my family and what a blessing that we can get together and strengthen our ties.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

It was fun being home this weekend. It's always nice to hang out with the family and play games. I'm actually sitting in class right now, but it's one of those classes I learn everything by reading the book. It provides a great opportunity to catch up on reading blogs...and adds to the value of having a laptop.

Framed said...

Even at her age?????

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

That sounds like a wonderful time! I'm so glad you all got together and had fun eating, playing and spending time together. Sounds like what our family loves to do. :)

Oh, and you're totally killing me with the food and descriptions. It all sounds totally yummy!