Okay, so I've been extremely slow at getting things done. The truth is Cereal Girl tagged me 2 or 3 months ago for this meme and I'm just barely getting it done. Hope this is not going to be indicative of how my whole year goes.
I'm really a very ordinary person with nothing unusual about me at all! Just kidding. My whole family is quite idiosyncratic. Some things we share and others are our own unique weirdness.
1. I like whatever I'm spreading on my sandwich to go out to the edges. Peanut butter and jam - all the way to the edge. When I fist got married my husband would spread a large circle in the middle. That way he gets too much bread in those outer edge bits. Not good!
2. Similar to #1 but enough different to be worth mentioning: I like a sandwich to be put together in the right order. The other day I was taking dh to work. We stopped to get a breakfast sandwich on the way. I went to take a bite and had to turn it around and then around again. They had put the top bun on the bottom and vice versa. I said, "I don't know how to eat this!" He laughed and said, "It's going to be one of those days isn't it?" That's what I call real intimacy - when humor comes from the little crazy things we know about each other.
3. Okay, so this is another food item and still similar to the first two, but again it is its own deal. I like a tiny bit of mustard on a hamburger, hot dog, or meatloaf sandwich, BUT it cannot, let me stress, it cannot go right on the bread. If it does, the mustard soaks in and is too strong. First, goes the ketchup or miracle whip and then the tiny dab of mustard, which is then spread evenly around the bun or bread.
4. I need lots of sleep. I hate it! I need between 10-11 hours a night. That leaves so very little time to get all the stuff done I need to. Last night I slept 14 hours straight - no potty break, drink of water - just deep, deep sleep. I've always wanted to be a person who could get by on 4 hours, heck, I'd settle for 6. Just think how much more reading and blogging I could get done.
5. Another one that goes along with sleep. I went to a sleep study at the University of Utah years ago and was diagnosed with Delayed Sleep Onset Syndrome. That's pretty weird! If left on my own I will not go to sleep until 3, 4 or even 10 am the next day. Once I do fall asleep I will sleep soundly for the above mentioned 10-12 hours. Part of this syndrome includes twitchy legs. Sometimes the twitchy will keep me awake or wake me up, but it usually happens when I try to sleep at a normal bedtime and I'm not tired. I'll lay there for a while and sooner or later my legs will start twitching. So I get up.
6. This one has to do with sleep also. Due to the sleep problem, I have developed fibromyalgia. To help me get the sleep I need, so I don't hurt so badly, I take ambien every night, so I can sleep at the 'right' time and be able to hold down a 'normal' life. I don't know that I said all that correctly. I do not take the ambien for the fibromyalgia, I take it to go to sleep on time, which then helps me get enough sleep that the pain of fibromyalgia is not as bad. Wow! I haven't even got to what I was going to list for #6's weird item. Usually people take ambien and crawl right in bed. Sometimes I do, too, but sometimes I don't go right to sleep, so I get back up. If I have any conversations or do anything during this time, I usually have NO recall of it in the morning. I've read several chapters or even finished a book and the next day I pick up the book, thinking, "oh goody, I get to find out how this ends." No bookmark! Where's my bookmark. I have to go back and reread. So I don't usually read after ambien. My children and husband are always saying, "Don't you remember us talking about this last night?" They joke about my ambien moments.
Okay, this is definitely enough weirdness for now. It certainly makes life interesting to have these fun little, quirky items that set us apart. Gee, I only covered eating and sleeping - just think what I could have come up with if I'd branched out a little. Thank heaven my bowels are regular!! Funny, funny. ;~)