Friday, August 11, 2006

43 Things - Stolen Idea from Framed

Read Framed's (Shaneen) new post and then decided to check out www.43things.com for myself. I looked up the top 15 goals out of 100 under the heading "Books".
  1. stop procrastinating 10320 people
  2. write a book 8804 people
  3. be happy 7668 people
  4. Learn Spanish 5444 people
  5. Read more books 4674 people
  6. write a novel 3572 people
  7. wake up when my alarm clock goes off 3392 people
  8. To live instead of exist 3261 people
  9. Swim with dolphins 2704 people
  10. Read more 2695 people
  11. make a difference 2599 people
  12. live passionately 2596 people
  13. identify 100 things that make me happy (besides money) 2523 people
  14. Never stop learning 1911 people
  15. Finish what I start 1863 people
  16. Some curious goals, especially since they are filed under "Books". #7 wake up when the alarm goes off?! Heck, I'd like to just get out of bed when the alarm goes off, I could wake up a little later. But what does that have to do with books, unless maybe you could read more if you got up on time. #9 swim with the dolphins? Did that idea come from a book, or is that person going to read a book while swimming, or maybe, she's going to write a book about the experience - okay, that makes sense.

    I think # 13, identify 100 things that make me happy (besides money) is an admirable goal and one that I think I could do. In fact, I'm going to start today (or tomorrow). Ignore #1 above.

    I have no desire to #2 and #6, write a book or #4, learn Spanish though I 've always wanted to learn French. I would like to do #5 and #10 read more, as in continue reading like I'm doing now. Along with that is #14, never stop learning. Learning helps me feel rejuvenated and young until I try to stand up and my knees hurt!

6 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Just observe the number of people wanting to write novels and books, Booklogged. No wonder, it is so difficult to get an agent.
But I thoroughly enjoyed this.
love as always.

Alyson said...

That last line had me laughing! I think it would be fun to write a book. I don't know if it's an actual goal, but if I ever have a fantastic idea for a book, I'd love to write a book.

Framed said...

Wow, a lot of those goals have nothing to do with books although 3400 people may disagree. Still it's an interesting exercise. You just want to learn French so you and Susan can talk in front of me and I won't understand. Don't you know I already don't understand most of what people say? I like the keep learning goal. That should be on the life goal list.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Alyson,
(c/o Booklogged)

You are right. Writing a book can be fun.
It's a wonderful journey of self-discovery and re-invention and here's truly wishing you every success if you do put pen to paper or finger to keyboard.

Booklogged said...

I just read over this post. Good thing, too. I forgot all about identifying 100 things that make me happy. I'll get right on that tomorrow.

julie said...

I'm not necessarily qualified to do so, but I'd be happy to help you learn French if you want. It'd be fun to have more people with whom to practice. Just let me know! :)