Sunday, November 09, 2008

Kreativ Blogger Award

This a dual-post. Which means I posted it on A Reader's Journal as well as here.

Tamara from Thyme for Tea has awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. I feel so honored because I don't usually feel very creative. She did say that the hats I crochet entered into her decision to choose me. I didn't think it could be my way with words!

Tamara lives in Australia where she gardens, reads, speaks French, exercises and blogs. Isn't the technoworld great that we can communicate with people from all over the world. I love it!

Now along with the award, there's a meme. I have to complete this and forward the award to others. Here goes:

7 things I've done before
1. Taught high school biology, chemistry and study skills
2. Gave birth to four daughters
3. Drove from Utah to St. John's, Newfoundland (ferries were involved)
4. Attended kindergarten in San Fransico
5. Won a contest by holding the most grapes in mouth
6. Kissed a boy nonstop for over 2 hours (it was a dare) and (he was my boyfriend at the time)
7. Lived through two serious car accidents

7 things I do now
1. Crochet
2. Read
3. Travel
4. Hug my grandchildren
5. Play 6-dice or Farkle
6. Watch TV series on DVD
7. Blog

7 things I want to do
1. Visit Denmark, Sweden and Norway
2. Reduce the number of books on my shelves that I have not read
3. Finish remodeling my house
4. Sell more of my hats and scarves (enough to pay for the yarn I've bought!)
5. Loose weight
6. Live as long as my husband
7. Go on many more driving tours of the U.S. and Canada

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
Since I've been married for 36 years, I'm going to list what still attracts me to Candleman.
1. Good kissing, hugging . . .
2. The way he smells after showering, shaving and applying after shave
3. Integrity
4. Love of learning
5. A love of Christ and a gratitude for His many gifts to the world.
6. Enjoys driving long distances and seeing new places
7. He's a loving, kind and wise Husband, Father, Grandfather, Son-in-law, Brother, Friend, and Person.

7 Favorite Foods
1. Bakeapple berries
2. Blackberries
3. Pomegranates
4. Chocolate Mint Truffles
5. Corn on the Cob
6. Salmon
7. The Borscht made at the Russian Restaurant in Chicago and my Mom's chili

7 things I Say Most Often:
1. Yes, I'd like a 3pc chicken select meal with apple dippers instead of fries and a diet coke.
2. Thank-you
3. Will you bring me . . .
4. I never win at this game
5. Do you want an ice cream bar?
6. All these channels and nothing worth watching!
7. Hello, pillow

And now the seven people I would like to tag for this award and meme: Tamara wrote such nice things about all the people she elected for this award, but I'm just going to list my choices.

Katie from Into the Rush and Katie's Scraps (such cute, creative scapbook pages)
Alyson from In Nuce and Alyson's Scrapbook (more cute, creative scapbook pages)
Julie from Mes Bijoux
Framed from Life's a Picture and Framed and Booked
Cyndi from Yeah, I like it too
Cardine from Cardine's Blog
Alison from We're all mad hereK

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Congratulations! Your pictures from your trip to Oregon are gorgeous.

My family blog is private so that's probably why you can't get the feed from it. But I post nearly every day. I'm addicted, as Randy tells ms.

Cardine said...

I really like the "Hello pillow" one. A lot. I might start using that.

Thanks for the tag, too!