Friday, May 02, 2008

April In Review

It's been a uneventful month, for the most part. Only a few highlights:
28 - 30: My brother and his wife were in town from Virginia. They were in Utah for their son's master degree graduation. We had some good visiting time. It was great having them there to confer with about the sale of Mom's house and land. She has two people offering to buy. No decision has been made yet.
28: Started a food/recipe blog. Check it out at An Eater's Journal.

TV series watched on DVD
Finished off series five of Monk
House
Foyle's War
Rosemary and Thyme

Books Read
Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear
Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books by Paul Collins
Crossed Bones by Carolyn Haines
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett
The Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston
Hippopotamus Pool by Elizabeth Peters

April was a bit disappointing because I expected spring and only received fleeting glimpses. There's still the promise though, because tulips and daffodils are blooming even though it's still chilly.

6 comments:

Framed said...

I have grape hyacinths blooming and that's exciting. It amazes me that they are still alive.

Cindi said...

It is just barely looking like Spring here. Our bulbs tried to come up in a moment of warmth and then froze--they look pretty pathetic.

julie said...

I love your background! I always do!

I can't believe you're starting another blog - you are amazing! I bet the recipes will be mouth-watering, so I'll have to remember to check it out periodically!

I'm looking forward to spring, too. Not summer...just spring.

Cindi said...

Alright, already. I'm waiting to see what you did in May. :)

Framed said...

May, June, July???

Framed said...

Here's the deal. You post a journal for the last four months and I'll do the trip. heeheehee